It's been a couple weeks now and my Living with Data series for Al Jazeera is off and running. Here are some links to the posts so far:
- Ask the Decoder: How are algorithms telling our stories for us?
- You, according to your Facebook Atlas ID
- Ask the Decoder: What is Ello?
- Tools that help us see the data behind the browser
- Ask The Decoder: How private is private browsing, really?
- How to take control of your online advertising profile
- Ask The Decoder: Stalked by socks
- Introducing the Living with Data series
This series explores how our data is tracked, collected, and used online, and features your voices. Do you have any questions about how your personal data is being used? Curious to learn more about your daily encounters with algorithms? I'm always looking for personal stories about our personal data. Email The Decoder at firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet me @smwat, or submit your issue or question via the form here. Screen shots and links are helpful clues.